Some colleagues at Roche have organised learning and potential internship opportunities for students or PhDs by inviting them work on challenges associated with healthcare data. These challenges, specified on the website of Healthcare Xplorers, invite bright minds to tackle them.
- Challenge 01 - Predicting drug effects in a multimodal biological network;
- Challenge 02 - Explore the future of sensing;
- Challenge 03 - A deep learning-based approach for detection of neurological disease patterns using a draw-a-shape test;
- Challenge 04 - Non-invasive liquid level detection;
- Challenge 05 - Graph-based Bottleneck Analysis in a complex production environment.
The topics cover a wide range of drug discovery, development, diagnostics, and production. If you are interested, apply by April the 26th via the website above.
The selection process is similar to that for start-ups. All applications will be first reviewed. Next, applicants with promising proposals will be invited to a Zoom session to present their ideas (Xplorer Camp). Finally, the selected candidate will negotiate how to collaborate with Roche to address the challenge.
You cannot make the deadline? There is also a Greenfield challenge for students to submit any great ideas they would potentially want to collaborate with Roche on.